Monday, January 2, 2012

Day One

I woke up this morning and found myself excited about the challenges ahead of me! That lasted 30 minutes and then I weighed myself and took my measurements! My total measurements are just shy of my current weight!  Boy or boy, the 10 o'clock p.m. jumbo red velvet cupcake smeared in cream cheese icing was probably not a good way to end my holiday binge eating!  Oh well, today was a new day, it is now 8:00 p.m. and I am feeling pretty good about myself.  I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch, worked out at Performance Plus and finished with a sensible dinner!  However, it is 8:00 p.m. and I am ready for bed!  I am confident that my energy levels will increase the more I rid myself of junk food and I engage in a regular exercise program.  At least that is what I am told.  I will let you know next Monday! 

Okay, here is what I need you to do.  Measure and weigh yourself (hide it in a secret place if you do not want to share) but be honest...no cheating! Measurements should include right upper arm, shoulders, bust, waist, hips, right thigh and right calf. Add them up.  It will be important to see your beginning measurements to measure your success.  You may lose inches even though you do not feel like you are losing weight. And for those of you trying to gain muscle (or four packs!) measurements are just as important!

Part 2 of my challenge....organize my chaotic kitchen cupboards. Living in temporary shelter without all my stuff is more difficult than I thought.There is no rhyme or reason as to why I store stuff where I do.  Let's start with more purging of the junk I have kept (or hoarded) for the past 6 months. Anyone else have the same problem?  Suggestions for keeping organized?


4 comments:

  1. LeAnne you had an awesome first day!! Good for you!

    I'll do my measuring next week the day before I start. (not really looking forward to the numbers written on paper:-)

    I am also doing some organizing. Mine is in my sewing room/studio. I plan to work at least 1 hour each day until it's done. I had an organizing challenge last summer with 2 of my sisters. We were to work 1 hour each day (didn't have to be all as once). I was totally amazed how much you can get done in a short period of time...if you JUST DO IT!

    Good luck on your challenge. I look forward to joining you the end of next week.

    Yes.We.Can.Do.This.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day one ended with a bit of a struggle. It started out with a healthy breakfast and lunch. I took down all the Christmas decorations and cleaned the house. It was to cold to go out so I started on preparations for a healthy dinner (stir fry veggies with chicken) Then I had a problem about 7:00 ...I was bored and I wanted to snack and I did. But my choice was something I thougth about instead of grabbing anything. Salsa and 10 whole grain tortilla chips and a big glass of water. I did get 25 minutes in on the elipical also!I feel my day was a success for DAY ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great...we are off an running! (Well most of us) Look forward to the rest of you joining us next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you checked out flylady.com Lots of ways to organize you house and your life.

    ReplyDelete